Experience > Damage Analysis > Labor and Employment
We (i) perform statistical analysis associated with class certification and discrimination allegations, (ii) assemble data relating to key factual disagreements, and (iii) calculate damages.
- On numerous occasions, calculated employment-related economic damages. The underlying allegations included causes of action such as:
- Wrongful termination
- Race, gender, age, sexual preference, or other unlawful discrimination
- Sexual Harassment
- Retaliatory conduct by employer
- Operate whistleblower hotlines on behalf of numerous public company and private employers. As a result of the complaints received on behalf of our clients, we have the opportunity to consult regarding the proper means of performing an investigation, and the treatment of employees facing such circumstances.
- On several occasions, accumulated data, prepared comprehensive databases, and performed analyzed computerized payroll and human resource information. Provided information regarding the likely volume of activity that is the subject of the employment class action allegations. Performed sensitivity analysis regarding the same.
- Performed a statistical analysis demonstrating gender discrimination. Calculated damages using a statistical model of performance and what other employees were compensated.
- On multiple occasions, performed field observations to quantify the amount of exempt vs. non-exempt duties performed by employees who were previously classified as exempt. This effort required statistical sampling to demonstrate and quantify that the observations served as the appropriate basis for reliable conclusions.
- Quantified the amounts due to a former studio head in connection with his employment contract. The claim was substantial and press coverage intense. Analyzed market size and growth. Forecasted future revenues, costs, and profits for the various entertainment properties.
- On several occasions, valued lost stock options forfeited because of a claimed wrongful termination.