We have worked for a substantial number of hotels, casinos, and restaurants. Our prior engagements involve the most well known companies in these industries.
- Coordinated the preparation of market value appraisals for four casino properties located nationwide as part of a bankruptcy reorganization and subsequent sale of three properties to a single buyer.
- Valued lodging establishments. Property types include:
- Business Hotels
- Family/leisure establishments
- High-end resorts
- On multiple occasions, calculated lost profits associated with a delayed opening of a Las Vegas resort/casino.
- On multiple occasions, addressed reasonable expectations of hotel performance. In these circumstances the concerns involved an owner desiring to assess the performance of the management company. In some of these cases, provided related expert testimony.
- Defended against a business interruption claim of a major Las Vegas strip hotel due to mold remediation.
- Prepared a physical loss and business interruption claim involving a Las Vegas resort/casino.
- Provided forensic accounting services to relating to development expenditures, spanning over 20 years, for a luxury resort in the Caribbean.
- Analyzed business interruption damages due to a fire caused by faulty construction of a Hawaiian resort.
- Served as a litigation consultant regarding the profit potential and business valuation of a Las Vegas hotel.
- Provided expert witness testimony for a regional hotel chain regarding the operating performance of several properties, billings by a management company, and claims for damages under a terminated agreement.
- Provided expert testimony regarding the feasibility of a planned development for a hotel chain.
- Provided expert witness testimony for a Hawaiian hotel regarding the consequential damages involving construction defects.
- Provided expert testimony for a Las Vegas hotel regarding the reasonableness of construction costs and related party transactions.