Services > Commercial Damages
Fulcrum’s personnel often serve as the “expert witness” to present economic damages calculations in complex commercial litigation. This role is critical because of the complexity of damages calculations, the specialized nature of the work, and the credibility and independence that only a highly credentialed outside witness can provide. It is essential that a damages expert have command of the matter’s complexity, yet be able to present the calculation in a manner understandable to judges and jurors. Fulcrum’s damages experts come from accounting, economics, finance, appraisal, statistics, and other quantitative science backgrounds.
Even when testimony is not required, outside financial advisors are often necessary because most commercial litigation requires a large effort in a short period. Internal resources have other responsibilities in running the ongoing business, and may not have the specialized training necessary to efficiently or appropriately support the litigation plan.
Why We Are Better
- Our firm is one of the most experienced damage analysis consulting firms. Our damages experts have consulted on thousands of engagements, covering practically every type of civil case, and practically every industry. Because of this, our damage experts can persuasively address complicated matters without wasted effort.
- Our damages experts have significant witness experience.
- We have substantial experience in specialized commercial damages areas such as patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret infringement.
- We train our personnel better and give them concentrated experience. Because of this, we provide lower overall average rates than most of our competitors.
- Our accounting experts incorporate technology into our work, thereby delivering a cost effective and more complete product. We optimize the use of visual aids which makes our conclusions more persuasive and easier to understand.
- Our litigation work utilizes our fraud experts’ investigative capabilities. This allows us to discover important evidence.