In 2010, Fulcrum received the following awards:
- Best Places to Work in Los Angeles County – This evaluation covers all industries and all types of employers. Fulcrum ranked #1 in the small business category (up to 50 employees).
- Best Accounting Firms in the U.S. – This evaluation covers accounting firms across the U.S. (Fulcrum ranked #2 in the entire country in the small firm category (up to 50 employees).
Independent organizations performed both evaluations based on a combination of employee surveys, employment practices and employee benefits.
Although our clients appropriately expect us to work hard and deliver our absolute best, our services are performed in an atmosphere that emphasizes congenial teamwork and a balance of work and personal interests. We reward our personnel with incentive-based pay and excellent benefits.
Fulcrum was founded in May 2002 by professionals from one of the largest international accounting and consulting firms.
Fulcrum has been profitable from the start. We have no debt or outside financing. During the 2007-2009 recession, we provided steady employment without any layoffs. We instituted no pay or benefit cuts during a time when such reductions at our competitors and customers were common.
- Incentive bonus plan for every employee.
- Support for professional credentials and ongoing training.
- Health, life, and other insurance.
- 401(k) plan with substantial employer contributions.
- Entrepreneurial atmosphere.
Small enough to be personal and have participative processes…Large enough to deliver world class service.
Why Join Fulcrum?
Fulcrum’s practice and clients provide a richer work experience than is offered by the major consulting firms. At Fulcrum,
- You will learn, and eventually master, seven key skills that will be critical in most business ventures. The following skills will be useful for the rest of your career:
- Problem solving through research and critical thinking
- Persuasive written and oral communication
- Accounting, finance, appraisal and economic analytical skills
- Computer-assisted analysis
- Client service and responsiveness
- Success through teaming
- Administration and multi-tasking of major projects
- We have an open and participative work environment. You will be close to the decisions that affect your personal and professional life, not from some come corporate office thousands of miles away
- We operate as a meritocracy and recognize achievement rapidly. Because of a generous incentive program you will be quickly compensated for your contributions.
- Our flexible training program is tailored to meet each person’s needs and goals. Each person pursues credentials and other advanced education according to their personal preferences. We encourage our employees to obtain advanced degrees, professional certifications, or both.
- Our leadership honors a balance of personal and work lives. Unlike many consulting firms, our consultants have minimal travel schedules.
- The nature of our practice draws a variety of challenging and non-repetitive assignments. This allows our personnel to experience a wider variety of opportunities and in the process advance their career faster. A typical consultant will work on over a dozen different clients annually, each with unique characteristics and challenges.
Compensation and Benefits
Our people share in the profits of our firm. In addition to competitive salaries everyone participates in an incentive pay plan intended to put overall compensation in the top quartile of all employers.
All personnel are members of a profit sharing retirement plan which currently contributes five percent of pay without first requiring the employee to contribute. Employees can also voluntarily contribute to a tax-beneficial 401(k) retirement plan.
Fulcrum pays 100% of disability, life, and AD&D insurance and has a generous health and dental program. Our benefit plans meet, and in many cases exceed, the plans of large companies.
- Engagement Leader with technical knowledge and client relationships that allow the professional to fill at least half of his/her available time with client-chargeable work.
- Professor-affiliates and Retired Executives are sought in the following fields:
- Consumer Surveys
- Labor Economics
- Statistics and Advanced quantitative methods
- Experienced Consultant in our Litigation Consulting, Forensic Accounting and/or Valuation practices. The successful candidate must have at least two years of relevant experience, a 4-year degree in accounting, economics and/or finance from a nationally-respected university, and have graduated in the top 10% of their class.
Send resumes to email@example.com. Fulcrum is an Equal Opportunity Employer