Fulcrum’s personnel have decades of experience appraising a wide range of businesses and business assets.
We also provide the following financial and quantitative services:
- Acquisition Due Diligence
- Competitive Analysis
- Corporate and/or Business Unit Strategy & Planning
- Shareholder Value Analysis
- Exploration of New Business Opportunities/Business Plan Development
A Sample of our Valuation and Appraisal Experience
Estate, Gift and General Taxation
- Appraised the intellectual property of a large joint venture between two publicly traded electronics companies in connection with taxation matters in the United States and Japan. The intellectual property consisted of numerous patents, patent applications and associated technology. Appraised domestic patents as well as foreign counterparts related to specific technologies. Assessed the markets for each technology and forecast the economic benefits for valuation purposes.
- Provided valuation services to the owners of a closely-held art manufacturing business for gift tax purposes. The owners of this business were gifting shares to their heirs and were attempting to minimize the tax consequences.
- Appraised the Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) technologies of a large publicly traded telecommunications company for tax purposes. Valued the intellectual property (i.e. patents, trademarks, and company specific knowledge) associated with the technology. Assisted management in assessing the potential market for the technology and its uses.
- Appraised the capital stock of a newspaper chain for estate tax purposes. Provided expert witness testimony in U.S. Tax Court on this matter.
- Prepared a value of a rail car fleet for tax purposes. Subsequently testifed on this matter in state tax court.