Bankruptcy and troubled company assistance can require a wide range of financial and accounting assistance. We have experience in practically all financial areas that these companies and their creditors need.
On Numerous Occasions:
- Performed a broad range of services in support of a debtor-in-possession and its preparation of a plan of reorganization. Typical series included:
- Assessment of restructuring opportunities, and steps necessary for such restructuring
- Valuation of businesses and business interests
- Assistance in selling operations or assets
- Reconstruction of accounting records
- Preparation of reports required under Chapter 11
- Investigation of fraudulent conveyances and preferences
- Financial projections
- Liquidation analysis
- Financial analysis demonstrating what is in the best interest of the estate
- Claim objection and administration
- Provided analysis and expert testimony involving plan confirmation issues (both supporting and objecting to), including plan feasibility and the debtor’s liquidation analysis.
- Performed appraisal, financial analysis and negotiations on behalf of unsecured creditors’ committees.
- Performed financial investigations involving insolvency, preference and fraudulent conveyance issues. Provided expert testimony regarding these findings.
- Provided interim management and/or interim accounting assistance.
- Provided asset monitoring or other supervision on behalf of a secured lender.
- Appraised businesses, business divisions, or major business assets for purposes of sale. When necessary, provided expert reports that allowed court approval of transactions.